Sunday, July 11, 2004

AC Report

I'm back (and better than ever). I'm pleased to report that, uncharacteristically, I actually won money. Not set for life, took a helicopter home money, but hey, more in your pocket when you leave than when you got there is a good thing. Unfortunately, my two gambling companions didn't do as well. They paid their entertainment fee, but left smiling nonetheless.

I will say that there was possibly no funnier moment in my gambling history than being at a craps table shooting the dice with a table packed full of strangers screaming "Come on, Sergeant Li-Aps!!!!" (a nickname I've earned based on my tendency to be a little overzealous in trying to motivate those traveling with me to get their shit together and move, move, move!) We also learned a few things, key among them: When the guy with the tits is rolling, play the don't pass line.

There's more to be said, no doubt. But that's a pretty good summary considering I got back at 4:30 am.