Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Good and The Bad

In the spirit of procrastination (however brief), I will recount two things I saw/experienced on my walk from the subway to my office this morning.

1) (The Good) - Some girl walked past me wearing a yellow t-shirt that said, simply, "I [heart] Spicy Tuna." As I do too, it made me smile.

2) (The Bad, or, more appropriately, Volume 2 of LiAps's Pet Peeves) - While waiting to get my iced coffee and muffin at Dunkin' Donuts, the guy who came up in line behind me was one of those people who feels the need to get as close as possible to you, as though scared somebody might try to wedge himself in between in hopes of claiming the last chocolate glazed. Maybe it's just my magnetic personality (or my shampoo), but I feel like I end up with those people behind me more often than is normal. To make it worse, this guy was carrying his freaking dry cleaning with him, and was actually pressing his wire hangers into my back. I did not care for him (Sam I Am). I think we can all agree, he deserves a beatdown.

That's it. I trust my devoted readership (of zero) was not disappointed by these fascinating vignettes.