Friday, July 01, 2005

Dispatches From the Wild Blue Yonder

7/1/05
Somewhere Over the Bering Sea

Seriously - raise your hand if you ever thought I'd write anything under that dateline! Thought for a second I might be over the Pacific, but onboard computer confirms it's Bering. Sweet! I'm pretty sure I passed not far from the Kamchatka Peninsula, which is my favorite peninsula ever.

Managed to score an exit row seat, which is great for extra legroom, but lacks a window. The sacrifices we globetrotters have to make.

Still 2138 miles to go. Computer says that should take 4 hours 15 min. I can't fucking believe I have another 7 hour flight to follow.

Getting excited for this trip now. Just need to make sure I really do it up. Don't use the fact that I'm alone as an excuse not to do things I want to do. Go hit some off-the-beaten-path stuff, and not be shy with the camera, etc. It's on, ferreals.