Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"A" For Effort

Somebody tried to run over Katherine Harris. 4 years too late, but hey, I'd buy him a drink regardless.

Brings to mind the story of when my mother offered to run over my kindergarten teacher, who had always hated me (because I was smarter than her). She wouldn't really have done it, but we were in the car (I was maybe in 3d or 4th grade at the time) and saw her getting out of her car in fromt of what was presumably her house. My mother and I were not huge fans, because of the aforementioned hate she had for me. My mom said "Should we run her over?" I frankly don't recall what I said, but I have a clear recollection of my mom angling the car toward her and swerving out of the way at what I imagine couldn't fairly be described as "the last second," but I do hope we got close enough that she at least took notice. Don't mess with 5-year-old LiAps. Or his mom. Tru dat.