Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Possibly The Greatest Website Ever

And by greatest, I don't mean weirdest, funniest, grossest, or any of those other ests.  I mean greatest in terms of the most practically useful.  Further to my post about how many planes I'm going to be on in the next month and a half, I played around and found seatguru.com.  This site has seating diagrams for just about every aircraft operated by every major carrier I can think of (and some I couldn't).  It lists pros and cons of particular seats, based on feedback from people who write in.  It's one thing to know you're getting screwed by getting stuck in a middle seat in the back of the plane.  But it's on a whole 'nother level to know you're getting REALLY screwed because your middle seat in the back of the plane has immovable armrests and 1.2 inches less legroom than the other shitty seats.  It's no secret anymore that exit rows are a good bet, but this site is going to help me make sure I get the absolute best available seat for every freaking flight I take from now on.  I am also going to be a total geek and write in with comments after all my flights.  That makes me somewhat happy, despite the nonstop drilling that's been going on under the floor of my office for the past 2 hours.