Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Really, I'm Going, I Swear

Eventually. My flight has apparently been delayed 2 hours because of "Thunderstorms in the London area." Huh? First of all, we're not supposed to be in the London area until 10 hours from now. Second of all, WTF? If flights were delayed every time it rained in London, nobody would ever get there. So I'm struggling with whether to ride out the extra 2 hours in the office or go home and take a nap.

Here's why I'm a dumbass. I knew I was going to London tonight, so last week I asked my secretary to arrange with the accounting department here to get me some Euros for the trip. She arranged, they got, and I received them yesterday. Which is great. Except that they don't use Euros in the UK. So I have exactly 300 Euros, and exactly zero GBPs. Yes, I'm the jackass who is going to have to find the currency exchange place at the airport tonight to trade in one foreign currency for another, and eat the commission. Beatdown.