Monday, April 25, 2005

Shorts

1) In an effort to gather as much information as possible on the Deputy Linda Canada wedding dress episode of COPS, and disseminate that information to the public, I have commanded my new [DON'T CALL IT TiVO!] DVR to record every episode that airs on every channel until further notice. In 2 days, I already have about 8 hours of COPS-y goodness stored up. On a quick glance, none of the episodes is one of the early Broward County ones, but that won't stop me from watching them. HUH Bad Boys!

2) It's official. Nothing is sacred anymore. I just saw a California tourism commercial, which, in addition to being ridiculous simply because it starts with the Governator and Mrs. Governator walking on the beach a la Tom Kean ("Kahl-ee-for-nee-uh und you - Perrfecht To-geh-zehr"), features Jack Nicholson shamelessly exploiting one of the key phrases from the greatest movie of all time (OK, THAT's not the greatest movie of all time, but it's pretty fucking funny).

3) Oh my god. The Rodeo comes to NY this weekend. I'm not gonna go. Not gonna go. Not gonna go. But wow, I should.