Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Oh, The Horror

As a friend (and a huge fan) of the Furdells, I hesitate to post anything at all about tv or movies (forget about pinball or comic books).  They are the undisputed experts, and even when I disagree wholeheartedly with one or more of them about a particular film or series, they always make worthwhile points and do so intelligently and eloquently. 

But I caught a tease tonight for a new show coming to NBC"LAX" starring two people you haven't heard from -- or even thought of -- in 10 to 20 years.  No, not Walter Mondale and the Where's the Beef ladyHeather Locklear and Blair Underwood.  OK, Underwood was on Sex And the City.  And Locklear was on Spin City.  But I didn't watch either of those shows.  To LiAps, those two are TJ Hooker and LA Law  and that's it (and Locklear was HOT in uniform).

Perhaps LAX will be the biggest hit of the season.  But who the hell wants to wach a show about the airport?  On the off chance you do, how about A&E's Airline??  The advantage there is that it's a reality show.  In fact, the only kind of reality show I think is worth watching these days -- one where you get to laugh at other people's misery from the comfort of your couch.  One thing that keeps me alive and relatively sane despite the craziness of my job and the whateverness of the rest of my life is that I am occasionally blessed with a peek into the "It Could Always Be Worse" files.  And watching some moron argue with a gate agent about why it was wrong for the plane to leave without him while he was outside smoking until 20 minutes past departure time is a double victory; it could be worse two ways - I could be the moron or the gate agent.

In any event, I'm going to be insane at work for the next 6 weeks or so.  Seriously.  So, dedicated readers, be patient.  Perhaps I'd be more inclined to post if somebody occasionally commented on something I did write.  So (all 4 of you), feedback and suggestions are encouraged.