Wednesday, September 15, 2004


Good Wood

This is a picture of a downed tree I took while hiking just outside Vegas last month. The trail we (that's me, Little Pinz, and James and Kimberly of furdell.com) hiked was called Mary Jane Falls. It was pretty steep for people like me who are totally out of shape. As we got to the top, it began. A hailstorm of biblical proportions. (Maybe advance smiting for my complete ignorance of Rosh Hashanah tonight) It was hailing hard - the ice was big and it hurt. I was most worried about my camera of course, but it seems to have survived.

I'll be back in Vegas for part of this weekend. The story behind this trip is bizarre, to say the least. I hope to be able to report afterwards that it was a grand success all around; things much more important than my gambling luck are at stake for people important to me. That makes it sound too serious. Let's just say one of my best friends is pulling a move that I think nobody but he could get away with. That's one of the many reasons I love him.

What else is going on in the world? Anybody?? I'm kind of blah right now - not motivated to think up anything clever to write about, not even motivated enough to bitch about anything. Maybe because I think I'm getting a cold. Starting last night, my throat has been absolutely killing me. That's usually how colds start for me. Had canned chicken soup for dinner. So insufficient. Not too long ago, somebody brought me chicken soup, unsolicited, when I said I was feeling shitty. I was not appreciative. In fact, I was downright rude. I deserve a beatdown.