Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Gentlemen, Start Your Digital Cameras!

It's official. My sister (Little Ms. LiAps??) and I are goin' a' redneck watchin'!!! We will be attending the Subway 500 at the Martinsville Speedway in 2 and a half weeks or so. This was actually her suggestion; she said she thought experiencing a NASCAR event would be about the best people-watching experience ever. I coudn't have agreed more, and went ahead and made plans. I bought us race tickets (the cheapest ones they had - on the "Backstretch"), used miles to book us both flights (to Greensboro, NC - I always love going to places where you fly into an entirely different state than the one where the event you're traveling to is being held), got an incredibly cheap hotel room from a good friend who works for a major national hotel chain, and rented us a ve-hicle.

I'm really looking forward to it. Because of age difference, gender difference, and various family circumstances which were just plain awful, my sister and I were not so close for a good long time. Now that we're both (relatively) adults and live a mere 5 blocks from each other, I think we have been growing closer. This should be a really good sibling bonding experience -- time together without the usual bullshit that comes with "family time."

One of my friends suggested I need to get myself a "Who Farted?" T-shirt and rip the sleeves off. Not sure I can handle going that deep undercover, but I'll try to blend.

I know Sloth mentioned having gone to see a NASCAR event in New England a few months back, and I'm sure any pictures I take won't even compare to hers, but I'll do what I can y'all.