Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Un-Serious Post

For those of you expressing concern in response to my last post, thanks. And calm the fuck down. When I said "serious," I didn't mean anything like "just had my left leg amputated below the knee" serious, just serious like long and about more than the banal bullshit I encounter every day. For instance:

I was just downstairs in my building, having run out and grabbed lunch (and exchanged my winning MegaMillions ticket from last night for $2 worth of tickets for tonight's Lotto drawing; yes, "winning" is relative), and as I was waiting for the elevator, some guy who was also waiting for the elevator was walking circles around me. Literally - not just pacing back and forth, which I understand (elevator impatience gets us all), but making wide circles, passing in front of each of the 4 elevator doors, with me in the middle. It was strange, and I was kind of hoping somebody else got on the elevator with us, so I wasn't alone with him. No such luck. But I got off at 20, and I assume he got to 25 without incident.

KIOSK!!!!!!!!