Sunday, August 22, 2004

Come On, Shelly!

Kids pee in pools. We all know that, and just accept it, trying not to think about it when we can avoid it. But sitting at the pool a few hours ago, I watched a little Japanese boy, maybe 5 (but I'm notoriously bad at estimating ages, which, thankfully, hasn't gotten me arrested yet), step into the hot tub, tug down the waistband of his bathing suit, grab his [little kamikaze?] and piss into the water. As though it were just a big toilet. I don't know where his parents were; maybe he told them he had to pee, and they just said "do it in the water." But that's just wrong.

On a separate note, it's 2 pm here, and I'd been sitting at the pool since 8:30ish. Way too much sun for me. So I came upstairs. They hadn't yet made up my room. No biggie - I didn't trash it last night. 30 seconds after I closed the door, the doorbell rang and a small Asian woman said to me "Hello! Would you like service now?" My friends will kill me, but I said no thanks, and just asked for some clean towels.