Thursday, August 26, 2004

Yo, What The Hell, Man?

that was just a reminder that I need to call my friend Eugene to let him know I'm gonna be in San Francisco next week.

But seriously, why does it keep raining here? For like 15-30 minutes at a time, but it's still annoying. My book got soaked because I left it outside while I ate breakfast this morning. It's dry now, but all messed up. My aunt, if she were still alive, would kill me for letting a book get that way. As far as she was concerned, people who bend the corners of pages down to mark their place in a book were up there with serial killers and rapists. She was one of my all-time favorite people in the world. I cannot believe it's been about 3 1/2 years since she died. Crazy.

I promise this will not turn into another whiny lonely post. But I just came up from the pool/beach when this last rain shower started. I did get my 10 minutes in the ocean. It was really warm, and I'd like to believe it wasn't just because of all the little Japanese kids who peed there. But anyway, I came back to my room, which is, of course, heavily air-conditioned, still in soaking wet bathingsuit. Got me thinking. Does anyone else agree (and if not, just tell me I'm a freak) that one of the most underrated varieties of sex is the really-tired-from-day-out-in-the-sun-peeling-wet-bathingsuits-off-each-other-kind-of-cold-from-AC-doing-it-then-falling-seamlessly-into-wet-naked-afternoon/evening-nap-to-be-followed-by-really-hot-shower kind?? Just asking. If anyone agrees, I'm in room 706.