Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Eerie, And Perfectly Timed

I passed by the receptionst during my office wanderings about 11:15 tonight, and she gave me a funny look, as if to say "Why are you here?" which would be a normal question at 11:15 anywhere but a NY law firm. I said, "What, Celeste? Like you've never seen me here at 11 before? I was just about to give you the whole 'Why am I here' speech from Spies Like Us!"

So I get home a little after midnight, and what's on HBO-Comedy?? Good guess! And just in time for one of the greatest lines in the movie, which nobody seems to have bothered to post online as a .wav file. I found the line that precedes it, but William Prince's inflection on his "Why don't you gentlemen have a Pepsi?" is just fucking fantastic. Seriously, I can't overemphasize how much I love that line. I have been known to say it out of the blue in entirely random situations. And I'm a loyal Coke drinker and stockholder!

Gotta sleep. 250-page brief to be filed Wednesday means likely all-nighter tomorrow!