Monday, May 16, 2005

Follow Big Al's Adventure

No, not Big Gay Al from South Park, but my friend and former co-worker, whose name is not, in fact, Al. But of course that isn't the point. Big Al just took a leave of absence from my firm to travel around Asia for 6 months. We're talking about a guy who's already been to places like Tibet and Mongolia and climbed mountains and done all kinds of crazy shit people like me just don't do. But this 6-month trek should be truly top-notch.

I'm very jealous, mostly because I wish I were the type of person who could be comfortable taking such a trip alone. I'm not (though I am taking a 3 week mini-Asia trip this summer, partially alone, and, not cincidentally, meeting up with Big Al in Hong Kong). Follow Big Al's adventures here. He doesn't leave for a month or so, but hopefully he'll give us some more background and thoughts before taking off. I'll post a permanent link in the sidebar soon.